1) The activities described below constitute violations of Bruce Street Technologies Ltd. Internet Access Service that may result in the loss of your right to use the Service.
2) The BST Ltd. Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) prohibits activities that include, but are not limited to, the activities described below.
3) For the purpose of this document, “Internet host” means any computer or electronic device connected to the Internet and “you” means you and any user of your Account.
4) General Acceptable Use Policies a) You are prohibited from using your Account in conducting activities that include, but are not limited to:
i) Transmitting unsolicited messages which, in the sole judgment of BST Ltd., cause significant disruption or elicit complaints from other Internet users.
ii) Harassing users or groups in any way.
iii) Impersonating users from the BST Ltd. Service or any other Internet service providers in any way.
iv) Uploading or downloading, transmitting, posting, publishing, receiving, retrieving, storing or otherwise reproducing, distributing or providing access to information, software or other material which is
(1) confidential or is protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights without prior authorization from the rights holder(s);
(2) defamatory, obscene, child pornography or hate literature; or
(3) constitutes invasion of privacy, appropriation of personality, or unauthorized linking or framing;
v) Transmitting, posting, receiving, retrieving, storing or otherwise reproducing, distributing or providing access to any program or information designed to assist users in defeating copyprotection, registration and any other anti-theft mechanisms associated with commercial or shareware programs.
vi) Transmitting, posting, receiving, retrieving, storing or otherwise reproducing, distributing or providing access to any program or information designed to assist in the fraudulent use of telecommunications services.
vii) Using an Internet host’s resources in a manner not authorized by its administrators. This includes mail relaying, and transmitting chain letters, make money-fast or pyramid style schemes of any sort.
viii) Posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a virus, “cancelbot”, “Trojan horse”, “worm” or other harmful or disruptive component.
ix) Attempting to obtain unauthorized access to any Internet host.
x) Sending threatening or criminal communications.
xi) Attempting a Denial of Service attack either via bot or conducted manually.
5) Electronic Mail
a) While sending electronic mail, you are prohibited from conducting activities that include, but are not limited to:
i) Transmitting identical or substantially similar unsolicited email messages.
ii) Promoting or facilitating the transmission of unsolicited email messages.
iii) Attaching an excessively long signature to your message.
iv) Forgoing the headers of your email messages in any way.
v) Sending messages to disrupt or cause difficulties in receiving other email. vi) Sending messages with viruses or other disruptive features or attachments.
6) BST Ltd. has a Zero Tolerance for unsolicited email messages (spam). Actions contrary to the terms of the AUP will result in the suspension and/or termination of your Account and may result in further penalties. You are responsible for any and all actions that originate from your Account. BST Ltd. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to set an upper limit on the number of recipients of customer initiated email, the number of subscribers on a customer’s bulk “opt-in email list”, and the number of messages a customer may send or receive through the service.
7) Newsgroups / Discussion Forums
a) While posting to newsgroups or any other discussion forum, you are prohibited from conducting activities that include, but are not limited to:
i) Posting advertisements, commercial or unsolicited messages of any kind, unless expressly permitted by the charter or FAQ.
ii) Posting binary or excessively large files of any kind, unless expressly permitted by the charter or FAQ.
iii) Posting substantially identical messages to more than 10 newsgroups.
iv) Attaching an excessively long signature to your messages.
v) Forgoing the headers of your postings in any way.
b) Newsgroup and forum postings must comply with the associated charter or FAQ. If a posted message does not fall within the topic or ideals of the discussion identified by the charter or FAQ, at the discretion of BST Ltd., it could represent an infraction of the AUP. Users posting messages to newsgroups or forums are responsible for making themselves aware of the rules of conduct, prior to posting.
8) Internet Relay Chat (IRC) / Chat a) While using IRC or any other chat service, you are prohibited from conducting activities that include, but are not limited to:
i) Sending messages that include advertisements or commercial content of any kind in an unsolicited matter.
ii) Attempting a Denial of Service attack either automated via a bot or conducted manually.
iii) Additionally, while using an IRC Server or Internet Chat Service, you must be in full compliance with the rules and regulations set out by the server administrator.
9) Network / Security
i) In addition to these Policies, while using your Account, you are prohibited from conducting activities that include, but are not limited to:
(1) Causing an Internet host to become unable to effectively service requests from other hosts.
(2) Analyzing or penetrating an Internet host’s security mechanisms.
(3) Forgoing any part of the TCP/IP packet headers in any way.
ii) You are solely responsible for the security of your Account. While connected to the Service, you are prohibited from any act, committed intentionally or through negligence, which may compromise the security of any Internet host in any way.
10) Users found responsible for violation of this AUP may, at the sole discretion of BST Ltd., have their access to the Service terminated and be subject to the application of additional service charges. Also, violation of this AUP may result in criminal and civil liability of you, the User. BST Ltd. will offer full co-operation with law enforcement agencies if their investigation warrants it.
11) In the event that numerous complaints are received by our staff in regards to any breaches of this AUP or other provision of the Service Agreement, at the discretion of BST Ltd., a processing fee per complaint received in addition to an administration fee may be billed to you and you may be denied access to the Service in the future.
12) BST Ltd. does not assume liability to any of its Users or other Internet users for failure to enforce the terms of this AUP. As well, BST Ltd. reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Account or deny access to the Service or the granting of future accounts at any time without prior notice.